Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yellow ribbons and onions

Thursday is Veteran's Day.  And while I don't know many veterans (ok...I only know maybe one or two), I do know how important this day is to all veterans and families and friends.  And after watching TV last night, I now know how important this day is to advertisers and local restaurants. 

If you are a veteran and you go to Outback Steakhouse on Thursday, you get a FREE bloomin onion. How awesome is that veterans?  You put your life on the line everyday and you get an onion.  Damn, you are lucky. 

Also, if you are a veteran, and you want to go to The Golden Corral buffet restaurant, you get a FREE meal. That's right.  Strap on those prosthetic legs and let go of your PTSD for a day, and get yourself a plate filled wtih corn, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and spagetti (that is at least what I get at buffets).  Even Gary Sinese is doing it.  And I'm pretty sure he only played a veteran in a movie. 

I'm not making light of veterans and the struggles they face when they return home. I'm just saying, you might want to skip your parades and get some free food. Something to think about. 

No comments: