Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm BAaaaackk

Wow it's been a few weeks since I have written in this blog. And man....things have been happening. In my life, in my work....yikes!

First, I went to New Orleans. It was awesome. Had a great time. I'll leave it at that. I am taking risks this year. Remember, it's one of my resolutions.

Other resolutions I have successful completed:
1. I am eating more spaghettios.
2. I am growing my hair.
3. I am contemplating cutting my hair, which in turn will make me curse at myself for cutting my hair.

Let's talk for a minute about the food I tried in New Orleans/Baton Rouge.
1. Oysters (not sure exactly why people enjoy these so much). I mean they were ok. One had too much sand on it. I don't think I will crave these things...but I won't shy away if one is in front of me. I think it would have helped if I was drinking a Guinness at the time.
2. Crawfish. Why didn't I eat these more when I lived there? Yum. fried goodness.
3. Crab stuffed shrimp. Again, delicious.
4. Alligator. That's right, cajun spiced alligator jerky eaten in front of an alligator at the zoo.

And my stomach didn't hurt. The Patron....that made my stomach hurt. Which brings me to the conclusion that I must be allergic to alcohol. Why is it that the only thing I can drink now without feeling sick is Guinness? Who knew. I spent all these years looking at it and thinking, "I'll never drink that!" Ahh...taking risks.

No comments: