Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Monday, August 10, 2009

What color is your parachute?

The answer to this is I have no freaking idea! I don't know what I am suppossed to be doing for work? I don't know where I am supposed to be. But, I am pretty good where I am right now. And that place...is....a sky diving world!

I was sitting at work on Friday with my head back, probably drooling in ultimate bordeom. I got a text from my friend Colleen saying she was going sky diving on Sunday. And I told her to sign me up! I have been wanting to do this for years. I always told myself if I can sky dive, I can do anything. So, I figured why the hell not.

I got to the place on Sunday and short story even shorter..I did it! I remember the feeling...sort of. It is kind of like taking a klonopine (uh...not like i know what that feels like.) It is a calming feeling like that...like I wasn't sure where I was when I landed.

I was so nauceous though, which I should have realized since I can't even spin on tea cups. My guy kept spinning me and all I could see was the big X landing point and then I would look down and just see my legs dangling and it was so cool. Sans the almost puking. Good thing I have spent my life practicing how not to puke!! Minus the time in January when I actually put my fingers down my throat to puke because my non-tolerant body couldn't handle two margaritas. And I digress...

So now I can do anything. That's what I have to tell myself anyway. Really, besides cage diving with the great white sharks, I can't think of anything scarier than jumping out of a plane 11,000 feet in the air. And it wasn't even that scary. It was a peaceful jump....like....I just gotta do it. I wanted to pull the rip cord but I guess I was all positioned wrong cause all I remember is saying to the guy, "guess you pulled it!" ahhhh.....laura is sarcastic even flying through the air.

I just wish I knew what color my parachute really was. I guess all that matters is that it opened. The rest...I'll figure out.

No comments: