Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Thursday, August 13, 2009

You Gotta Love Them

So I see a therapist on Wednesdays now after work. However, it is like the welfare version of therapy and going there makes me more anxious then not going there. It is an old building filled with people I can only assume beat their children because they have no money and spend their welfare checks on lucky jeans and scratch tickets. I wouldn't know though because nobody in the lobby ever speaks english.

I should have learned with experience to never trust a place that has clip art pictures of cell phones with a circle and a cross dashed through it as their lobby signage.

Anyway, my therapist is nice enough but I really think I might overpower her with my emotions. I pretty much just go now to therapize myself.

Yesterday's Conversation (please see blog below to explain why I was annoyed when I walked in):

Therapist: How are you?
Me: Annoyed. Don't you need to take my co-pay?
Therapist: Oh, I guess I do.
Me: Cause every time I walk in here, the door gets slammed on me cause I come after 5.
Therapist: Here is your receipt
Me: By the way, what's with this place. I just got a $400 bill. That's ridiculous.
Therapist: They always make mistakes here.
Me: Interesting.

blah. blah. blah...compained about work for 45 minutes.

45 minutes later

Me: I need techiques to help me cope with my negative emotions during the day at work.
Therapist: Well, you need to start walking down the hallway everyday and get to know the people you work with.
Me: I try that. Nobody talks. And they are all idiots anyway.
Therapist: Did you just hear what you said.
Me: Yes. See. Negative thoughts. Again, I need ways to cope with my negative emotions during the day.
Therapist: You need to learn to love the people you work with. That is how you will learn to like your job.
Me: Fuck that. I don't want to love these people.
Therapist: When you walked in here you asked me how you can learn to think positively.
Me: Yeah. But let's be realistic.

No comments: