Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Two sides to every man. One side to every woman

I am often told by people that they have no idea I am gay. What does that even mean? Do I need to wear a sign on my forehead that says I am gay. Do I need to wear special clothes. Do I need to act a certain way? I can pull off a wife beater and boy shorts the same as a dress and heels. It's just the way I am.

Often a question asked to me is, "why you are gay" and I have been struggling to come up with this answer to this question for years. And the more and more I ask myself and the more and more I am asked, the answer is this. "Because I am." I love men. I love women. And I do find that men can take that answer easier than woman.

Women are looking for complete answers. Testaments to why we are a certain way. And I can't give that. I love men because they make me laugh. Because they are so nuts in the way they do things. I love women because they are more sensitive. Because they can see the world in a more creative way.

I am a man. I am a woman. Okay. Maybe I am more a gay man. But that's neither here nor there.

No comments: