Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Stop me in my tracks

Occasionally I will hear a song and it will just stop me in my tracks on what I am thinking about..and most likely overthinking about and just make me really happy and really hopeful.  Matt Nathanson's song "Come on Get Higher" does just that.  My opinions about dating have again taken a different turn the last couple of weeks and I am feeling more and more calm about things just naturally falling into place one day.  With each day and each date or girl, I am learning more and more what makes me tick, and what makes me tock.  (And I don't necesarrily love the tocking.)  My recovery period has been off the charts and I'm pretty stoked about that. 

However, I do sometimes get emotional and sensitive and romantic and this song describes how I felt today in the car.  There is one line in this song that pretty much sums up what I want someone to feel about me.  I'll let you figure out which line it is. 

I miss the sound of your voice
And I miss the rush of your skin
And I miss the still of the silence
As you breathe out and I breathe in

If I could walk on water, If I could tell you what’s next
Make you believe, make you forget
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

I miss the sound of your voice
The loudest thing in my head
And I ache to remember
All the violent, sweet,
perfect words that you said

No comments: