Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vegan with the leather shoes

I'm contemplating becoming a vegan for one month.  It has nothing to do with my lack of wanting to eat animals (which I do love to do and enjoy the taste of).  It has everything to do with wanting to clean my body out a bit and feel lighter and healthier and I think this might be a good way to start. 
 
The problem is this is going to be an extemely hard diet for me for a whole month. I could try it for one week and see how I feel.  I mean, let's face it, I can't stand the taste of portabello mushrooms and I love love love dairy.  I had to go on a dairy-free diet for a month a couple of years ago and I wanted to lie down at Stop and Shop and cry in front of the yogurt and cheese.  I remember my mom serving me a plate of pesto pasta and putting freshly grated parmesean cheese on top and me saying, "i can't have dairy" and she saying, "it's only a little."
 
I have to try to be strict with this vegan diet.  I have to at least give it a shot. I'm also going to try going to the gym again during this period to keep my mind off the fact that I'm not eating ice cream, or meat, or chicken, or an omelette or anything really except metamucil and flax seed!
 
stay tuned!

No comments: