Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I wear leather shoes to Whole Foods: Going Vegan Day 1

I decided to start a new challenge for myself.  I have already begun the read 30 books this year challenge and I am about to finish my 10th book in two months so if I keep this up, I will double my goal for the year.  Therefore, I thought it only fitting that I see if I can do another challenge; one that I never thought I would be doing in my entire life.  I want to go vegan for one month or maybe even more if I like it.

I am not doing this because I just watched Food Inc. I am not doing this because I don't believe in eating animals.  I am not doing this because it is trendy. I am doing this because I simply just want to see if I can.  I want to actually feel the difference in my body. I want to know what it will feel like to eat incredibly healthy and fresh food for a month and see if it gives me more energy or makes me feel better about my body.  I want to see if my cholestrol can go down. 

I love the idea of actually looking at the ingredients in food and seeing what is actually going in my mouth.  I love the idea of buying fresh vegetables and going outside my comfort zone to make new foods. 

Will I miss dairy? Yes.  Will I miss chicken?  yes.  Will I miss meat?  Not as much.  Will I finally learn to eat kale, tomatos and portabello mushrooms?  Well, I guess we have to see what happens this month.

So far, so good.  I've been a vegan for 3 hours. 

No comments: