Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

PTMD

I am suffering from major PTMD.  That would be post-traumatic mouse disorder.  I don't know what it is but I am hyper sensitive to anything that sounds like a mouse.  Sometimes I think I am like a space creature because I have this strangely acute sense of hearing.  I can hear every little noise and sometimes I feel like the noises are crawling up my skin and just sitting in my brain waiting to explode.

Anyway, I can't stand the sound of people eating chips. Or putting their hands into a bag of chips. It seriously makes me cooky.  I feel like the bag of chips is in my eardrum and it reminds me of those mice that lived in my apartment with me eating the cajun louisiana potato chips Mitzi got me for my birthday.  I shake thinking about it.

What is it about chips that people don't realize.  It makes so much sound!  Try.  Just try to eat chips quieter.  Every. Single. Crunch makes me want to pull my hair out. 

I am also overly sensitve to noises when I am PMSing...or actually have my period which is basically all the time because when I don't have my period, that means I am going to get it at some point.  So eat chips quieter!!!!

No comments: