Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Luggage Tags

I need to go back to baggage for a few moments here today on this beautiful sunny Sunday.  Today, I am going to wash my car and read my book outside on the porch while my cat plays outside.  Today is awesome.

I just need to go back to baggage (maybe because I want to travel which I do) or maybe because I want to let out some steam.

I think there are two types of people when it comes to baggage.  There are the types of people who like to use their rollaway luggage and carry their baggage with them at all times, rolling it along with them.  They don't like to be too far away from their baggage at any given time; regardless of how annoying that baggage might be for someone else or how much it can hurt when the wheels of that baggage hit your achilles heel.

Then there are the types of people who like to check their baggage when they arrive because it is bulky and heavy and can be a bother when trying to get around.  It might cost a little more to check it and yes of course you have to worry that when you get to your next destination, that baggage might not arrive with you, but they take that chance.  And even if you lose the luggage, you can get new stuff; better stuff.  And when the times comes to pick up that checked baggage, they pick it up and unpack it.  And whether that is through therapy or just becoming more in touch with yourself and your place with other people, it doesn't matter.  What matters is that it gets unpacked.

No comments: