Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Morning Petting

The dictionary version of a pet peeve (or pet hate) is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particularly annoying to them, to a greater degree than others may find it.

I think this is an excellent defintion of a pet peeve. I find that often when I tell people my pet peeves, they acuse me of being a negative person. I disagree. Everyone has pet peeves. If we didn't then we would all do the same things all the time and have the same reactions and the world would be an unbelievably boring place to live. And everyone would go to movies thinking it was okay to rustle in their popcorn bags for the entire duration of the movie (not ok...popcorn should be done by the end of the previews).

How can the popcorn be done by the end of the previews you ask? Simple. Get to the movie early. If you get to the movie at least 15 minutes in advance, then you 15 minutes to eat the popcorn during the trivia questions, another 5-7 minutes during the commericals and then at least another 10 minutes for the previews. That gives you a grand total of 30-37 minutes to eat your bag of popcorn.

My parents have figured out a way to go to movies together and not get on each other nerves and I find this technique incredibly helpful because while I enjoy finishing my popcorn before the movie, I always have candy to eat during the movie. If you put your candy in a plastic bag before you go into the movie, you don't have to listen to the sound of candy in a box and it helps to figure out the lenght of movie:amount of candy left ratio so much easier.

So back to pet peeves: here are a few I thought of while on my way to work this morning.

1. people who give you the evil eye when you come to a sharp stop at an intersection that usually has no cars because a car was coming. I stopped lady....you don't have to slow down to a near stop and give me the evil eye. I stopped.

2. lesbians who put the word 'woman' in a song when the actual lyrics say 'man'.

3. paying $15 copays at a doctors office when all she does is take out stitches. I had to come up with something else for her to look at today and get a skin cream perscription just so I could feel my money was worth it!

No comments: