Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Word of the day that I just can't deal with

Yummy. 

This word confuses me.  I don't understand when grown women or men use it.  When discussing your girlfriend or boyfriend, when exactly did you decide that the word yummy should come into the equation?  If he/she is attractive, use words such as beautiful or gorgeous or sexy or cute or I would say you can go as far as fucktastic.  But yummy? No. 

When describing food, is there any other adjective that you can come up with besides yummy?  If you are talking to a child and you want them to eat their vegetables, then by all means, you can occasionally say "but honey, broccoli is yummy!"  That works.

But grown women or men who say things during a dinner converstation at a nice restaurant like this, "My filet is yummy."  should just be sent home. 

I'm pretty sure if we were friends, I'd make fun of you.  And if we were dating, I'd probably drink some wine to get through that meal and then come up with about 100 different reasons in my mind why we wouldn't work because of the word yummy. 

I was told once, that I "plow through women".  I prefer to use the term "weed out" ones that don't fit. 

So, to summarize

I was talking to my 4 year old nephew the other day (made up i dont' have one) and he didn't want to eat his carrots. And I said to him, "Oliver (because I love that name), eat your carrots...Carrots are yummy."  Then I turned to my hott girlfriend and I said, "hey baby....lets go out tonight for thai food. I can't wait to get my mouth all over that succulent fresh summer roll...I love them. They taste amazing.  Also, you look so good tonight...fucktastic."

No comments: