Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Monday, August 18, 2008

Counseling

There is something seriously wrong when people get on waiting lists to be on couples counseling. I can't even imagine living in a world full of waiting lists.  A list to get married, a list to get married in a church, a list to have your gourmet wedding cake made, a list to put your kid in kindergarden, a list to to go to sex counseling, a list to go to couples counseling, a list to get divorced, a list to pick your burial ground.

I don't even make a list when I go to the grocery store.  I just walk down the aisles and see if I need something.  Or, even better, see if I want something.  

If you need counseling after six months, you DON'T need to be together.  I love how people try to tell me how to live my life and how I should feel in relationships when they have to pay a $20 copay to stay together each week.  It's a joke.  Seriously, a joke.  

No comments: