Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Friday, August 22, 2008

You Rock My World Port!

Today was the first time I have ever gone to Rockport by myself.  I have always gone with family or ex girlfriends.  Ex girlfriends who say things like, "you take generic pictures."  I think that is interesting coming from someone who thinks spending a night drinking PBR is cultural.  

I found this amazing state park in Rockport and I used the morning to learn how to use my camera.  I love how the zoom allows me to get rid of all the hairy men with no shirts on who decided to continue to walk in my line of view and speak very loudly every time they went by.  

It was so peaceful to sit on the rocks and put my feet in the water, which was actually rather warm.  A wave came crashing and I almost got soaked and all I could think of was the scene in Grease (and yes, I know that scene was originally From Here To Eternity) but I like it better in Grease.  

I could live in Rockport.  I mean I am not a 50 year old lesbian who owns an art studio and sits around eating kalamata olives, but I think I could figure it out.

No comments: