Laura Goldberg

Laura Goldberg

Monday, August 25, 2008

I went to the aquarium today and saw the fishes

And by aquarium, I mean the Arsenal Mall in Watertown. And by fishes, I mean whales.  And by whales, I mean people.  

This woman was waiting for a parking spot in her minivan so I let her park but then she kept backing up and finally I threw my hands up in the air and said, "what the fuck?".  She waved me to go by her.  I literally parked next to her and got out and when I passed her, she had five children get out of her van.  I might have said something under my breathe like, "five kids. great" but don't quote me on that one.

I went to Marshall's to buy a new suitcase because I want to do a lot more traveling and my huge piece of luggage has just gotten a little too obnoxious...even for me.  In order to get to Marshall's you have to pass the Sprint cart in the middle of the mall. You know the ones where the guy with all the silver chains is standing there and says, "excuse me, can I ask you a question?" in which I always reply, "no." Except the one time when the guy said what service to do have and I said, "Sprint and it sucks."  

Anyway, going into Marshall's in the Watertown mall is seriously like going to a different country.  A sad, poverty-stricken country where people still wear white keds and tube tops.  I walked straight ahead to the luggage and picked out one that will work fine. I walked to the registers and I was second in line.  It was then that I realized that the woman working the register had a lisp.  I was PRAYING that I would get the other woman but of course I didn't.  "Ethcsuse me, would you likthe to shatve 10 perthent?"  "No."  "Wouldth you liketh to help juvenileth diabethees?" In my head, "no, but i would like to give you a dollar to help you go to a speech therapist."

Let's just say it was a boring day and this was the highlight.  I know I am going to hell but I swear I am caring person.  I swear!!  

No comments: